Humphries Kirk, leading Dorset and Somerset law firm, has selected its chosen charities to support during 2019.
Humphries Kirk has six offices in Dorset and one in Somerset and each has nominated a charity, or selection of charities, to fundraise for, through its monthly Dress Down Days. This year, Humphries Kirk is supporting:
- Bournemouth office – Bournemouth Hospital Charity. The funds raised help to provide the Hospitals with additional facilities and state-of-the-art new equipment as well as resources for staff, over and above what the NHS can fund.
- Dorchester office – Dorset Mind. This charity educates, challenges stigma and inequality and promotes recovery towards positive wellbeing. Dorset Mind runs support groups across Dorset as well as an accredited one-to-one befriending programme designed to help people regain confidence and social skills as part of recovery.
- Parkstone office – Hope for Food. This organisation aims to provide life’s basic essentials on a day to day basis to people in need of help due to the current economic climate. Volunteers prepare fresh soup, a variety of hot meals, a selection of sandwiches and cake and bring them to their soup kitchen to serve fresh.
- Poole office – Make-A-Wish. Working to make life-changing wishes come true for children with critical illnesses, this charity ensures that a child’s life is not only about illness, hospitals and diagnosis.
- Swanage office – Swanage Area Dementia Friendly Community and Dorset Search and Rescue. Swanage Area Dementia Friendly Community was set up to raise awareness and understanding of dementia in the Swanage area, and runs regular sessions for local businesses, groups and individuals; Dorset Search and Rescue is a team of highly trained volunteers who work with the police, coastguard and other emergency services.
- Wareham office – Lexi May Trust, Dorset Cancer Care Foundation, Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance, Alzheimer’s Research UK. Lexi May Trust is a charity that supports children with terminal illness and life-limiting conditions; Dorset Cancer Care Foundation provides financial help to Dorset residents and their families affected by cancer; Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance provides relief from sickness and injury by the provision of an air ambulance; Alzheimer’s Research is a research charity aiming to defeat dementia.
- Crewkerne office – The Henhayes Centre. The Centre provides services for the older population and disabled residents of Crewkerne and surrounding villages including several groups run for members and non-members, aiming to keep participants fit and healthy.
Katharine Jones, senior partner at Humphries Kirk, commented:
“It’s important to us to give back to the charities and organisations on our doorstep, and we’re looking forward to another year of continuing our fundraising efforts. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank staff in advance for getting involved with our designated Dress Down Days and being such good sports!”
Last year Humphries Kirk raised a total of £2,339 for its chosen charities.