Family Law Solicitors & Divorce Law Solicitors
“Marriages and relationships don’t always last, but you can count on our family law solicitors and divorce law solicitors for friendly, supportive advice.”
Our expert family law solicitors can provide tailored advice on all areas of divorce and family matters, including children, finances, and other assets.
- Divorce Experts. We can help you navigate every aspect of divorce, with clear, rational legal advice.
- Financial Settlements. Our expert legal advice can ensure that a fair and reasonable settlement is reached
- Peace of Mind. Our support can ensure you know your rights and empower you to make informed decisions
- Fixed fee initial consultation. Take advantage of our fixed fee initial consultation to discuss your options.
From 6 April 2022, no-fault divorce came into effect in the UK, putting an end to the need to attribute blame in the divorce process.
The change in legislations can simplify the legal end of a marriage, but it doesn’t include property, financial, pension, or child arrangements, so it’s important that you seek expert legal advice on your specific circumstances.
What key areas of divorce law and family law can Humphries Kirk help with?
- Divorce/Civil Partnership – our specialist team can guide you through each step of the divorce or civil partnership process.
- Children – when children are involved, they are usually the prime concern of both parties involved in separation. Our experienced team can advise on all aspects relating to the care and welfare of children.
- Protecting your assets – advice on what should happen to your finances on a breakdown of a relationship is essential. We can offer guidance and advice to help you obtain the best financial settlement for you.
- Business owners – marital or relationship breakdown can seriously affect the ability of your staff to perform to the best of their abilities. Our specialist team can advise you how to support employees with professional advice and guidance
- Pre-nuptial agreements – increasingly influential in divorce proceedings, pre-nuptial agreements clarify not only what would happen to property in the event of divorce or separation, but also to children, finances and assets.
- Cohabitees – we can offer advice and assistance at the beginning or end of a relationship.
Related divorce and family law resources
- The importance of pensions in financial settlement
- Don’t ignore financial advice in a ‘no fault divorce’
- Moving away with children after a divorce
- Reform of cohabitation law