Building, Civil Engineering & Construction Law
Our specialist team of Building, Civil Engineering & Construction solicitors can advise on every aspect of a construction project, whether large scale or minor works, commercial or residential. We also advise on dispute resolution and have extensive working knowledge of the Court procedure, adjudication, arbitration and mediation.
We also advise on criminal prosecutions by the Health and Safety Executive and the Environment Agency/National Resources Wales.
We have strong relationships with a number of construction professionals locally and nationwide and can get the right team in place for any issue.
How can our Building, Civil Engineering & Construction Lawyers help you?
Contract and commercial advice:
- Construction contracts (including bespoke and standard forms of contract, e.g. ‘JCT’ – Joint Contracts Tribunal suite of contracts), civil engineering and mechanical and electrical contracts;
- Payment/pay less notices;
- Collateral warranties;
- Performance bonds;
- Parent company guarantees;
- Professional consultant appointments;
- Novation agreements and assignments;
- Building licences e.g. scaffolding and crane over sail licences;
- Joint venture agreements;
- Framework agreements;
- Product guarantees;
- Standard terms and conditions;
- CDM (Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015);
- BIM (Building Information Modelling).
- Contractor insolvency
- Project financing
- Project management support
- Planning Law
- Party Wall etc. Act 1996 notices and advice
- Terms & Conditions
Disputes & claims:
- Defective works
- Final accounts including delay and extension of time claims;
- Claims against builders, carpenters, roofers, plumbers, electricians etc.
- Professional negligence claims against surveyors, engineers, architects, quantity surveyors etc.
- Claims against building warranty providers e.g. NHBC, Premier Guarantee
- Consumer disputes, for example: sale and supply of property products, e.g. conservatories, windows, driveways
- Instruction of experts
e.g. applications for payment, invoices, statutory demands, winding up proceedings.
- County Court and High Court claims as part of the Business and Property Courts (including Technology and Construction Court)
- Boundary disputes and the Land Registry tribunals
Including defending criminal prosecutions and representation at PACE interviews.
- Traffic commissioner inquires for commercial vehicles
- Landlord and tenant dilapidation claims
Including adjudication, arbitration, mediation, expert determination and negotiation.
Relates Construction Law Resources
- A guide to dispute resolution in construction contracts
- Refurbishing your home?
- Insolvency: When the contractors go bust – How to prepare for the worst
- Do your terms and conditions apply?
- Liquidated damages and construction contracts
- Duty of care and informal professional advice
- BIM – be contract ready
- Construction, building and civil engineering brochure