This is the official accessibility policy for Humphries Kirk. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press CTRL + an access key.
The access keys used on this site are designed to be as standardised as possible and are based on the recomendations of the UK Government.
- Access key s – Skip Navigation
- Access key 3 – Site map
- Access key 4 – Search
- Access key 9 – Contact us
- All pages on this site are WCAG AA approved, complying wih all priority 1 and 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Again, this is a judgement call; many guidelines are intentionally vague and can not be tested automatically. This site has been reviewed and it is believed that all these pages are in compliance.
- All pages on this site are Section 508 approved, complying with all of the U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines. Again, a judgement call. This site has been reviewed and it is believed that all these pages are in compliance.
- All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict. This is not a judgement call; a program can determine with 100% accuracy whether a page is valid XHTML. For example, check the home page for XHTML validity.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified “text size” option in visual browsers. For those using Internet Explorer, go to View > Text Size > and select your desired size. For Firefox users, simply hold the CTRL button and press + or – to increase or decrease the size.
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target (such as the headline of an article).
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout, and semantic XHTML for structure.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- All images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- Complex images include LONGDESC attributes or inline descriptions to explain the significance of each image to non-visual readers.